In Episode 8 of this season’s Digital and Dirt podcast, Ian welcomes Alec and Aric Avedissian, co-founders of Rareform, a company with a unique mission to connect people and inspire possibility using their products. Rareform specializes in transforming billboards into one-of-a-kind products, such as bags and totes.
In this week’s podcast interview, Alec and Aric discuss:
- Their experiences in the business world including their journey from El Salvador to an appearance on Shark Tank and a deal with renowned investor, Kevin O’Leary.
- The origins of Rareform’s business, beginning with the repurposing of billboard material into surfboard bags, an idea hatched from observing locals in El Salvador using billboards for roofing material.
- How competitive spirit, trust in each other abilities, unwavering dedication to quality, and a commitment to crafting unique items has helped drive Rareform’s success.
- The challenges in sourcing billboard material, transforming it into products, and the meticulous process Rareform undertakes in photographing and listing each item.
- How Rareform’s collaboration and partnership with Lamar has evolved to benefit both companies’ recycling and eco-friendly efforts.
To learn more about Alec, Aric, and Rareform, be sure to tune in to the full episode, now available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and other popular platforms!